8.03.2008

Kelly Bundy

So I heard today that Christina Applegate was diagnosed with breast cancer. Of course anyone who has to deal with cancer makes me sad, but I was especially sad to hear about her. While reading the article on People, I noticed that they mention that she just signed on to participate in "Stand up to Cancer." I then further researched this organization a little further. I recommend that everyone spend at least 5 minutes just looking through the website. I was impressed with the knowledge and the support that this organization is getting.

A couple weeks ago, I posted a blog regarding David Sedaris' new book and specifically his chapter on quitting smoking. At the time, I knew I was ready. However, I knew that it wasn't it the distant future.

After hearing about a friend of my sisters getting diagnosed with cancer at such an early age, as well as the news about my girl Christina, I have decided that I am finished with smoking. I had a pretty successful week last week, only smoking 2 out of the seven days. I have not had a cigarette since yesterday morning, and thankfully I haven't been overwhelmed with any withdrawals. I have had moments when I want one, especially when I'm speaking to someone and I can hear them smoking.. but I seriously think about "Stand Up to Cancer."

With cancer being so prevalent in today's world, I can at least try not to aide it in my body...



2 comments:

Meghan said...

You hear Christina Applegate got a double mastectomy? She is no cancer free!!

Do the walk with me in October!

Meghan said...

I mean "noW cancer free!!"