11.22.2010

So I Have Realized and Decided

Realized:
* I take people for granted
* I only have one look
* I drink more than I should.
* I say things out of turn
* I only put 100% into my job
* Smoking is taking a toll
* I budget myself, but don't really budget myself
* I'm fat
* I watch too much TV

Decided:
* Get out there, meet people, enjoy people and learn from them
* Go grab some more essentials... i.e. boots, jacket, pants
* Only drink red wine. (see below)
* Look above, enjoy people and learn from them. Do not ridicule them.
* If I want to make more money, put another 15-25% into my career.
* Quit. I've said it, tried it and failed. I am succumbing to the nicotine gum, gotta try it. Also, red wine has proven to limit, if not halt my urges to smoke... Stick with the red wine.
* Throw a couple hundo into a savings account or more!
* I bought P90X almost a year ago... maybe I should actually give it a go.
* Read a damn book every week!

Here's to some early resolutions. Funny thing, I was prompted to think/consider/act upon all of these thoughts from no one else, but a fellow blogger... who is a stranger.

2 comments:

Janine said...

Love you brother. I needed this post. And p.s.--you only take me for granted half of the time. I am also very happy and supportive of you quitting smoking. I would be willing to donate a few bucks to buying the gum. I know it is expensive.

Ashley said...

These all sound like fantastic goals. You look so dashing in the wedding photos. I too have been trying to get back into my work out regimen. I have a guru that has taught me to layer one life change at a time.

Example:I want to get back in shape.

I started last month with running/weights one day a week. If I did more, bonus. I accomplished that task and it became part of my regiment. Then this month I added another day, so running twice weekly, then added no sweets on Thursday. It's so much easier to wrangle one thing at a time so we don't get overwhelmed then crash and give up on everything. Been there, done that! Next month I'll be at 3 days cardio, and two days not sweets. Baby steps!

So good lucky Matty. Keep me posted. We must get together after the holiday!

Love,

Your sister.