Since moving to my new location in the back house of my Pasadena home, I have quickly fallen off the internet train. I do not have any sort of internet connection in my room, which was horrendous at first, but I grown to love the simplicity. Instead of spending 4 hours a night on the internet, with my legs burning because my computer is about to explode, I catch a new movie on Showtime or oen u a new book. I have been lucky to find some time in my busy life to read some new uhh literature if you would call some of it.
I love Chelsea Handler. She is witty, bitchy, hilarious and above all truthful. She is a no bullshit kind of gal and I respect her for it. I read "Are you there vodka? It's me, Chelsea." and could not for the life of me stop laughing. It was over the top and I loved every minute of it. I have found that although I love reading all sorts of genres, I truly find comedic memoirs to be the most enjoyable. I would rather be laughing for 4 days, then crying over a sad love story.
On the flip side, I have taken an interest in Jane Austen. I know, I'm totally doing the opposite of what I just wrote. But I do think that some respect needs to be paid, by me, for the greats in literature. I have started Pride and Prejudice, which I already love, but I did have to put that on hold until after I finished school for the quarter because it's requires a great deal of attention that I was unable to give. I hoe to pick it up by Sunday and finish it within a week. (Janine we will have to discuss afterwards.)
My life has been somewhat exciting for the last month, I went to Mexico early on in June, had the time of ... my life... I guess, then I went to Hawaii last week. It was definitely interesting. I had a ton of fun, which I can go into detail if you please. I do want to address one thing that really put me off of Hawaii... the locals are assholes. Don't let there jolly appearance fool you. They hate whities.. and I faced some racism, which I didn't really ever imagine dealing with. Let me just say, I have suffered discrimination enough already, but to be disrespected for being white, is a HUGE eye opener. At first, I was sympathetic because I thought, "Sure. They have every right to be angry, we took over their island, then made it into one of the most sought after tourists spots".. but then I realized... WE LIVE IN 2009! It's time to get over it, or at least treat the generation of now with some respect because it wasnt our asses over there 50 years ago taking over your land. My point is, dont be fooled, be prepared. Stand up for yourself, but run right after because those homies will cut you.
I'll try to be better at posting... until then look how freaking beautiful my niece is!
3 comments:
1. Chelsea Handler is AH-MAZING!!!!
2. HAHAHA to your "they will cut you" comment.....watch out! lol
3. You neice is VERY beautiful...should be a baby model!
Thanks for posting. I will have to wait for pictures. I am so sad that the people were such jerks to you. I have heard Hawaii is amazing. Bummer. I love you.
this is janine by the way
Post a Comment